Mobile Nursing Home Attorneys
Do You Need a Nursing Home Attorney?
No one likes the thought of having to place a loved one in a nursing home. It is hard for everyone involved. When you do need to take that step, you are putting your trust in the nursing home to provide a safe and comfortable environment for your family member. Unfortunately, some nursing homes violate this trust. As a result of abuse and neglect, a loved one can be injured or even die.
Help from the Experts
Signs to Look For & Next Steps
- Burns, cuts, abrasions, open wounds, bedsores
- Weight loss
- Poor hygiene
- Strange behavior, listless, unresponsive
- Missing personal items or money
- Refusal of visitation for family or friends
- Report abuse to nursing home administration
- Contact Alabama Department of Senior Services (ADSS), the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH), and the Long-Term Care Ombudsman program to handle a nursing home claim
- Contact local police if a crime has been committed
- Contact a lawyer