Skip to main content

Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect

Fighting Against Injustice

What if You Suspect a Loved One is Being Neglected?

Many times, a loved one in a nursing home may be too frightened to tell someone about abuse or neglect. Or a loved one may be unable to speak out due to dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. You can help your loved one by looking for signs of abuse and neglect. If something doesn’t seem right to you, take notes. Document any new sores or bruises. Note any changes in your loved one’s behavior or appearance. Check to see if anything is missing from your loved one’s room. Pay attention to how your loved ones react to staff members.

Mobile Nursing Home Attorneys

Do You Need a Nursing Home Attorney?

No one likes the thought of having to place a loved one in a nursing home. It is hard for everyone involved. When you do need to take that step, you are putting your trust in the nursing home to provide a safe and comfortable environment for your family member. Unfortunately, some nursing homes violate this trust. As a result of abuse and neglect, a loved one can be injured or even die.

Our AttorneysContact Us

Lets Us Evaluate Your Case

Assisted Living Absue & Neglect Resources

Choosing a Facility

Investigating Abuse

Types of Abuse

Warning Signs

Wrongful Death

Nursing Home Falls

Types of Neglect

Help from the Experts

Signs to Look For & Next Steps

  • Burns, cuts, abrasions, open wounds, bedsores
  • Weight loss
  • Poor hygiene
  • Strange behavior, listless, unresponsive
  • Missing personal items or money
  • Refusal of visitation for family or friends
  • Report abuse to nursing home administration
  • Contact Alabama Department of Senior Services (ADSS), the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH), and the Long-Term Care Ombudsman program to handle a nursing home claim
  • Contact local police if a crime has been committed
  • Contact a lawyer
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Let Us Handle Your Case

Contact Us

Phone: 251-438-7503