Mobile Personal Injury Attorney
Meet Kasie Braswell
Growing up in south Alabama, Kasie Braswell discovered that hard work makes a meaningful difference. To this day, she carries the values of her early years when she lived on rural farm.
After her graduation from law school with several academic awards, she worked as a clerk with the Mississippi Supreme Court. From there, she took a position at a major defense firm. Having devoted several years to defense work, Kasie decided to pursue her true passion. She became an attorney who represents people who have been injured due to negligence.
People who hire Kasie to represent them find so much common ground. Kasie is married to an active-duty member of the military. She is a parent who is raising four boys. She knows what it’s like to work for a living and raise children. That’s a big reason why she finds a great deal of satisfaction representing working parents who have sustained injuries. It’s also a reason why she’s so proud to get results for children who have been severely injured in accidents because of the careless or reckless actions of another person or entity.
A Large Trucking Accident Verdict Recovered For A Working Mother
In what is believed to be the largest recent trucking accident verdict on the Mississippi coast, Kasie represented a working mother who was rear-ended by a truck, and then told by her doctor that she would never work again. The trucking company denied responsibility. In addition, the trucking firm’s doctor argued the injuries to her back were not significant and that she could return to work without any delay.
The trial lasted a half a month. In the end, jurors in a unanimous verdict ruled for the working mother. She received more than $1,132,000.
Kasie has worked on several wrongful death cases involving 18-wheeler drivers who were fatigued. She also has handled negligence cases involving brain and spinal injuries in children.
She co-founded Braswell Murphy, LLC in 2012 with Brian Murphy.
Experienced, Knowledgable Alabama Attorney
- Mississippi College School of Law (J.D.)
- University of South Alabama (B.A. Political Science)
- Alabama State Bar
- Mississippi State Bar
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Alabama State Bar
- Mississippi State Bar
- Mississippi Association for Justice
- South Alabama Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Mobile Bar Association
- Mobile Volunteer Lawyers Association
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- Member Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America
- Alabama Super Lawyers, 2011 Rising Star
- Alabama Super Lawyers, 2012 Rising Star
- Alabama Super Lawyers, 2013 Rising Star
- Alabama Super Lawyers, 2014 Rising Star
- Alabama Super Lawyers, 2015 Rising Star
- Selected by Mobile Bay Magazine as a 2011 “Top 40 Under 40″ Professional
- Selected by The National Trial Lawyers Association as a “Top 40 Under 40″ Trial Attorney
- Member Million Dollar Advocates Forum (no more than 1% of lawyers in the United States qualify for membership)
- Member Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum (U.S. membership limited to fewer than 1% of lawyers)
- Part of the two-member trial team to recover what is believed to be the largest arbitration award against a trucking company in Mississippi ($2,300,000.00).
- Recovered in excess of $4,000,000.00 for several victims of Hurricane Katrina.
- Obtained unanimous verdict in Mississippi Federal Court against one of the nation’s largest trucking companies who employed a dangerous driver and caused severe spine and neck injuries to Plaintiff ($1,132,000.00).
- 2014 Top 100 Trial Lawyers – National Trial Lawyers Association
- 2015 Top 100 Trial Lawyers – National Trial Lawyers Association
- 2014 Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers